Here are some links to interesting convivial degrowth resources.
A number of interesting papers have recently appeared or are forthcoming in a number of journals.
- Sustainable de-growth: Mapping the context, criticisms and future prospects of an emergent paradigm, Joan Martínez-Alier (a), Unai Pascual (b), Franck-Dominique Vivien (c) and Edwin Zaccai (d), Ecological Economics, Volume 69, Issue 9, 15 July 2010, Pages 1741-1747 [Note: This is a good overview, some say even a history, of degrowth thinking – Bob T..]
- Environment versus growth — A criticism of “degrowth” and a plea for “a-growth”, Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh, Ecological Economics, Article in Press
- In defence of degrowth, Giorgos Kallis, Ecological Economics, Forthcoming
- Questioning economic growth, Peter Victor, Nature, Vol.468 #18 pp. 370-371
- Editorial: Degrowth, Serge Latouche, Journal of Cleaner Production 18 (2010) pp. 519-522
- Economic de-growth vs. steady-state economy, Christian Kerschner, Journal of Cleaner Production 18 (2010) pp. 544–551
- Pachakuti: Indigenous Perspectives, Buen Vivir, Sumaq Kawsay and Degrowth, Bob Thomson, Development 2011 54(4) pp. 448-454
A selection of the proceedings of the May 1982 symposium, Les Enjeux Sociaux de la Dėcroissance, held at UQAM in Montreal is now available. (pp. 40 out of 250 – French only – PDF)
The proceedings of the 2002 “Actes du colloque – Défaire le developpement, refaire le monde”, held in Paris in February 2002 are now available online. Table des Matieres They are mostly in French and there is an immense richness of material there.
Proceedings of the First International Conference on Economic De-Growth for Ecological Sustainability and Social Equity, Paris, 18-19 April 2008
Full proceedings (PDF – 320 pages – English
Table of Contents
Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Economic De-Growth for Ecological Sustainability and Social Equity, Barcelona, 26-29 March, 2010